Tuesday, October 5, 2010

NaNoWriMo Mayhem!

attempt at a realism drawing of 90s Superboy
(aka. Conner Kent, Kon-El)
who I love in Young Justice <3
... a recent-ish drawing that I don't hate so much! ...

... That is correct! This year, I decided to take on the NaNoWriMo challenge, and dedicate my entire November to writing like a crazed lunatic, until the month ends, and I have a long (and hopefully interesting) 50,000 word novel in my dirty little hands! I had made up my mind to do this back in July when I realized that my writing had become extremely sluggish and colloquial, and when trying to put imagery into words became more like a nightmare than a simple task. So I plan to use this opportunity to test myself, my will-power, and determination to be successful in writing, and to also get me back on track. I still have no idea what I'm going to be writing about (a fantasy-romance perhaps? I do love my fairytale and Princes *giggles*) so I hope to get that all sorted out over the next couple of weeks or so... And no, I don't plan on using any ideas I already have in my head because I want to start something fresh, because new ideas get me way more excited - and hopefully will motivate the fingers to type!

I really do hope I succeed, but I also know that succeeding isn't what NaNoWriMo is about either - it is about challenging yourself, and winning is only a small detail, because you have at least tried! With that said, I'm definitely going to go into this with an open, carefree mind (especially since 3 quarters of the month will be needed to juggle with uni commitments and exams!) and hopefully walk away a better writer! So friends, stalkers, and strange folk alike - come join me in chaos during the looming November?

Here, have a tablet scribble I did of Damian Wayne
(aka. Robin, Cousin Oliver)
He is quickly becoming my favourite Robin <3

1 comment:

Grey-D-Locks said...

Those drawings are amazing! Hoping I can be as good one day with digital designing and drawing *fingers crossed*!

Good luck on your writing contest (never heard of it :O Local?) You keep me interested! Score huh :P

Ciaooo