Monday, June 14, 2010

Eenie Meenie Miney Mo Lover

.... A rather long entry (I foresee plenty of typos)... and an art-dump! .... Because of my uninteresting life, you will probably be getting lots of art-dumps in the future since I just discovered the image attach function (yeah I know... slow...)


Howl's Moving Castle (WIP)
Has been sitting around my PC for god knows how long...
But I really want it to look good!
Character design is mixed between book x film



Edwardian Victors from Parakeet Jones (WIP)
Centuries year old magic-user?! His is cool!
.... Trying to take more realistic approach to his hair,
is rather frustrating...



Wilson Kane from The Pirate Balthasar (WIP)
.... Because he is a sexy beast! *U* This webcomic is love!
Disney should give Deda a contract and turn this into an animated film!
SERIOUSLY!
This is one is actually finished, but the WIP makes me giggle.


How am I going to spend my break? Drawing! And hopefully get better at CG painting.... as you can see, I only have WIPS sitting around my PC... I actually I have like a few dozen WIPS that need some attention. Unfortunately it seems I'm the type of person who loses interest real quickly when I'm working on a project so they will not get complete.... however the 2 in this entry WILL! DAMNIT! THEY WILL!.......... I love drawing. Because it's definitely about the freedom. Everything in a drawing is controlled by the artist and doesn't have to bend to logic, physics and the conventions of the real. I draw for myself mainly - so it annoys me when I see webcomic authors complain that they aren't getting as much fans, or change aspects of their comic in order to entice people to read it *cough*BL-overload*cough*. What turns the annoyance to rage is when they giveup on themselves because the comic isn't getting attention and just stop. If you only plan on starting a webcomic to quickly esculate into internet popularity then just GTFO! What I want to say to these people and aspiring comic artists is that YOU ARE A WEBCOMIC ARTIST. YOU ARE NOT A PROFESSIONAL. YOU ARE ALLOWED TO MAKE MISTAKES. YOU ARE ALLOWED TO TRY AGAIN. FAILURE SHOULD NOT HURT YOU. IT SHOULD HELP YOU IMPROVE SO THAT ONE DAY YOU CAN BE A PROFESSIONAL. Goodness knows how many times I've quit on a story - but I don't quit on writing altogether! I continue to write, I continue to draw - and it's because I LOVE DOING THESE THINGS, not because I want recognition from others. Acknowledgment is nice and all, but if you're not doing it for yourself then what is the point? You become a slave to the masses. And any form of slavery is not fun unless you are a masochist....

Hrmmmm I don't think a blonde wig will look very flattering on me for this up-coming Barbie-dressup party. So I think I'll just go as is and throw on an obnoxious black bow headband that would mesh in with my hair colour..... that and I'm super lazy, and I can just bum the dress/acessories off my sister XP only detail on the shopping list would be contact lenses now! Yeah!

Handed in my essay last Friday. Only to find out that my tutor gave us a further extension till Monday - today! Oh, well... at least it's out of my system right?

So I've pretty much locked myself in my room for the last week or so, playing on my most beloved PS2! Bought a copy of FFVIII from eBay (Platinum copy, but it was cheaper than Blacklable!) and so I'm gaming like a madman! (Though I'm starting to think I'm being ridiculous at grinding those levels if I'm able to obtain 'Flare' and '-aga' magic in disc 1 of a 4 disc game, and Squall is lvl 40 whose max is 99...) Anyway, here, enjoy my gaming rant! (Though you probably wont, so I give you permission to skip this section ;D) /gamertalk

FINAL FANTASY VIII : OK, so the first time I played this was in 2003, and I thought it was mediocre. Having played it's predecessor (VII) just before, many details about 8 seemed to fail in comparison, which made me hate it more since the successor should ideally be better. The storyline was less exciting, the battles felt very long since the sprites weren't the fastest movers ('Haste' is the miracle magic!), and I still do not see the gradual love blossoming between Squall and Rinoa! WHERE WAS THE DEVELOPMENT?! Like I said, I'm nearing the end of disc 1 as I type this, but even so, I still remember in '03 that I still had the same thought... it feels as if Square just threw the two together at the very end and I was like "WTF, bitch you were in love with Seifer! Did you betray your feelings just because he was being brainwashed! What a hoe!"..... this now opens to the character rant! I hate the characters of 8. But only the main two, Squall is an emo douche through and through (no matter how goodlooking he is, he needs a personality fix!), and Rinoa is annoying. Period. ..... However I like the others. Zell is the lovable goofball, Selphie who is overly optimistic is a nice carefree change from Rinoa, Seifer is just cool, and the character that I think is most impossible to hate is LAGUNA. He's such a dork! Squall should have inherited his personality (and his sexy hair)! Right now, playing Laguna is my only motivation to continue the game! (that, CARDS and GF conquering!)

OH, and before I finish, here's a shout out to Grey-D-Locks, for being the first random to comment my post YAY hahaha. Though it won't be much of a plug since I'm sure only about 2-3 people visit this page hahaha but Thanks C: Interesting blog you have, sir!

You seem like the type
To love em and leave em
And disappear right after this song.
So give me the night
To show you, hold you
Dont leave me out here dancin alone

You cant make up your mind, mind, mind, mind, mind
Please dont waste my time, time, time, time, time
Im not tryin to rewind, wind, wind, wind, wind
I wish our hearts could come together as one

Cause shawty is a eenie meenie miney mo lova

- Sean Kingston ft Justin Bieber
I don't mind JB... I just don't see why he's so popular! I do not understand this! I do like this song though, Sean Kingston's songs are is damn catchy!

3 comments:

Grey-D-Locks said...

HEY =D first off,, thanks for the shout out! Second,, I really like ur art =O! imma look up that system.. cuz your work is getting me excited to draw something as well =D

FF FAN! I started at FF X though *shame shame* but I was hooked! But XIIƍ's not worth it then?

Anyway,, have a nice week ^^

Ling said...

there is no need to be ashamed at starting at ffX!!... *fangirl squeak*...
lol


I agree with character development in ff8.. or lack of. Squall's personality makes me so annoyed... I think that and the storyline was just so bland... :|
The graphics weren't pretty enough to entice me to play either...
btw btw remind me to buy more songs for singstar. WE has singstar parteh when exams over ... *woot woot*

Supervillain said...

haha thanks Sandra <3

Well, I actually like 8 more than I fancied 10 LOL...... 10 - TO ME - was all just flashy and
showy..... storyline was kind of
not that great when you compare it.... it was sort of predictable (from what I remember - though I can't be certain because I usually spoiler myself prior to playing any video game...) whereas in 8 I actually remember being fascinated by the plot... it is just Squall and Rinoa who make me want to tear Square into a Circle..... (lol lame).... starting disc 3 as I type! WOOT!

YEAHHHH SINGSTAR PARRRTAAAAYYYY!!!