Monday, June 7, 2010

These Wounds Won't Seem To Heal

I've been listening to "My Immortal" by Evanescence lately - I have the song on loop - and I must say that this song makes me feel like an emotionally traumatized little girl, even though I most certainly am not. I think it's the power of the instrumental (which is just lovely on its own) and the seeming desperation in Amy Lee's vocals. I still love this song, it continues to amaze me and clears my ears of all that god awful crap which is being thrown around these days. I'm not talking about any band/song/genre in particular - but I have found myself unable to appreciate music anymore, I listen to it, but it seems I've been rendered numb to the power and influence of a song. It's not that I hate music, it's more like I will only like a particular song for a short time frame, there's not many songs that I know will stick and effect me for a lifetime (in which I think My Immortal will do). I think the last song that has ever moved me would be "Alexithymia" by Anberlin, I have completely formed a bond with this song - even dubbing it the song of my life! - I love the awkward atmosphere and disposition of it, and the way it emits that restrained, frustration - which I guess is what I feel like, most times. Especially when it comes to creativity. The head needs a kick up the right cerebum to get those creative juices flowing.

I think I can make an early start by celebrating the (not so well deserved) uni break! and OH BOY, July does look like it will be a very busy month o_o"

Things I need to get done this break:
1. start writing - this multimillion best selling novel needs to get started ;)
2. draw - I'm slowly looking towards graphic novelling.... I really shouldn't, the industry is WAY beyond my ability.... but it would be oh so grand to be a part of <3
3. find part-time job - somehow I don't think this will happen....
4. LOSE WEIGHT - will happen..... WILL HAPPEN DAMNIT D<

As of at this moment, I have 4 days and nights to complete my essay, which only requires 185 more words. Am I being lazy? Or overly calm to not complete it this minute?.... I would think the first haha...

2 comments:

Grey-D-Locks said...

First of all, you dont know me :P

Second of all, I was browsing through blogs and I'm so relating to this post! the part about music! Right now my 'will stick for a while song' is The Script.

I like ur page btw :D Cartooning ppl is fun indeed! Havent really drawn myself yet,, but now I feel kinda inspired to do so :D

Check out my page if you have some time ^^

Ling said...

i cannot believe you got yet another extension...

F*$#^@(*$!


oh but the horrible music makes you appreciate the beautiful music so much more...
goddamn that keisha!!! her songs are so annoyingly catchy